Is getting certified to be a Fostercare mom easier than Adoption?

I am certified, now in process of starting the adoption, is it easier?

angeleyes31376

Asked by angeleyes31376 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Adoption

• In our state the training is exactly the same for foster and adopt, although there are more training hours that a foster home has to maintain than an adoptive only home. Do you mean that you are starting an adoption of a child? Or that you are starting adoptive training in hopes to adopt?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I am starting th actual adopption process
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 6:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It greatly depends upon the state. In mine, the certification for fostering is less in-depth than adoption but we did ours all at once, so it ended up being the same for us - lol. Of course, with fostering you have to maintain training and things and go thru periodic re-checks.

I believe the idea behind the less in-depth studies to foster than to adopt is that in fostering, workers are in the home constantly. With adoption, after the adoption is final, the child is unseen by officials again.

NOW - let me say this - our adoptions have been thru the foster system - not private - so it's possibly different if you're doing private adoption.

Best of luck to you :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009