what can i do to help a puffy/swollen eye in an infant?

my 9 month old's left eye tends to get puffy when he first wakes up in the morning. (this morning it was real bad) and for the most part that eye is always not as opened as his right eye.

is there anything i that i can do to help the eye become less swollen?
will he have to get the fluid that is making his eye swollen drained out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could try to put breastmilk in it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'd bring him in to the doctor. My son had something similar and it turned out to be a pretty serious infection, I had to put antibiotics in his eye and when that didn't work he actually had to have a shot once a day for three or four days. You should really have it evaluated by a medical professional just to be safe.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I'd bring him in too - your son's eye shouldn't swell to the point it looks like there is fluid in there, I get "bags" under my eyes and my sons has those too but not to the point it looks as if they are filled with fluid.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009