How did you help your baby recover from a cold?

I've got a humidifier I'm comforting whenever she needs it, what else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfeed, breastfeed, breastfeed. Breastfeeding passes on the immunities to lessen the cold and help the baby with any discomfort the cold may be causing. If you are pumping make sure to use the most recent. I hope baby feels better soon!

Anonymous

• Really not much you can do except just love them and do what you are doing. I hope the baby feels better soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• LOTS of fluids! Depending on how old she is, you can help congestion by rubbing baby vicks on her back and on her feet (put clean white socks on over it). If she's over 1, you can give her a tablespoon of honey to soothe her throat, but that's a big no-no for under one.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• well humidfier, baby vicks, baby vapor bubble bath, raising her crib mattress on one side if she's having trouble breathing, they have nasal spray saline drops for noses, tylenol, motrin for fevers, I have to have the bases covered wth my son, he always seems to have a cold
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My Son Just Got Over A Cold. I Took Him To The Doctor. She Gave Him Some Nose Spray And Cough Medicine. I Used A Humidifier And Baby Vicks To As Well. If You Use Fans Keep Them Off. At Least Until They Start Getting Over Their Cold.
    Christian_09

Answer by Christian_09 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009