baby sleeping

how often should a one month old sleep, my baby sleeps usually 4 hours at night, wakes up for a feeding, then sleeping for another 4 hours, but during the day she takes like 2 one hour naps and is up for the rest, i thought she would be sleeping more, is it normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different. Mine slept a lot and still does at 16 mos. Your baby will know when she needs to sleep and will sleep the amount that she needs. Take advantage of the time you get to spend with her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My 1st daughter stopped taking naps completely at like 2 or 3 months..but she slept all night!!
    My second daughter slept all night and still to this day takes a nap during the day!!
    And my son sleeps all the time!!
    So i'd agree with the pp
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 8:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Heck, yours sleeps a LOT in my book!

They know what they need.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Your baby is past the "loaf of bread" stage. Have fun learning together; this is a magical stage.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my son I swear as a new born only slept in 1 hour periods. then still only 20 minute cat naps all day long, he was colic though so I am not sure if that makes a difference but he still at 23 months has never been a good sleeper, no matter what times we try to put him to bed. now he goes to bed at 8 and wakes at 5:30 - the last 3 nights he wakes screaming at 11:30, goes back to bed finally after 2 hours or so and then wakes before 5..... and still only takes 1 - 1 hour nap during the day..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Four hours in a row is great! You are lucky. With my first, it took at least 4 months for him to sleep 3hrs in a row. Still, I wouldn't count on that time as growth spurts and teething could result in less continuous sleep for a time.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009