euthanasia

Do you consider euthanasia to be ethical or immoral?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the situation, but usually ethical.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 8:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think it is immoral. We don't get to play God.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think euthanasia is okay as long as the person can decide for themselves..i don't believe in it with babies or mentally challenged people!! i believe it should be the person to dies choice!!
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 8:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Ethical. We "humanely" euthanize criminals, but let good people suffer slow and some times painful deaths. That to me is backwards.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I completely agree with Mythic!!!! I'm in the nursing field and have worked with sick and diseased ppl. Most of whom you cant do anything for and are praying for the day when the pain ends. It breaks my heart to see someone suffer like that. As long as the patient can decide their ready to die, I don't see why it should be a problem.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think if we could assure 100% that it wouldn't be abused then it would be okay but the thing is there will always be the people who would allow a doctor to kill an elderly patient who wasn't truly ready to go. Its a major gray area and should stay illegal. Its too risky.

MythicMMM Its not the same thing at all. Criminals spend years and often decades on death row in case something happens and they can get out of it. If they made sick people wait ten years to make sure they still wanted to be killed off then that would be the same thing.
    Anonymous

• I think if someone is in a huge amount of pain, with no hope for recovery, basically waiting (and praying) to die, then they should be able to decide that they are done. My mom was a nurse and ended up quitting because she just couldn't stand watching people suffer, especially the ones whose families wouldn't "let" them die. I've told my family that if the day comes when I am only alive because machines are keeping me that way, to let me go. But please be SURE I won't have a meaningful recovery!
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 9:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• i agree with the anon post..that it should stay illegal bc if it becomes legal it will probably just become abused just like abortion!! but that's another discussion..
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 9:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I think that people should have the choice of having a Dr assist in their death if that is their choice. We will euthanize our pets but let Grandma suffer horrible pain? Makes no sense to me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Your right anon, it's not the same thing. Which is why they wouldn't make sick people way years since one is about compassion and the other is about doling out justice/keeping the people at large safe.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2009