how often did your 2month old breastfeed?

since yesterday its like she cut down.she slept through the night for the 1st time last night only wole up to eat twice once at 230 and then at 8 in the mornin.then ate woke up at 1030, then ate at 11-1145 then went back to sleep at about 12 then woke up to eat at 4 and has been sleeping.is this normal?

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 8:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're good. On-demand lasts forever, and after a growth spurt they do sleep. But throw asalt over your shoulder...she may never repeat the sleeping performance again.

Just count dipes. 6-8 changes daily.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Dont worry, she will let you know when she's hungry. The nurses scolded me when we were still in the LDR room bc I didnt wake up DS to eat after six hours. umm hello, we were sleeping haha. anyway, if she was hungry, she'd wake up to eat. as long as she keeps gaining weight, way to go, and be thankful your baby is sleepin more now!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• every two hours, around the clock for the most part.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Every hour
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• every 1-2 hours, is common.... but if threy are going through a growth spurt its closer to every 1 once they get older and learn to nurse more effeciently they will take less time to nurse andd nurse less frequently.... however my 5 mo old daughter will nurse just about 90% of the time i pull out a boob.... she is a bottomless pit like her daddy... keep in mind the frequency you got hungry while pregnant, thats pretty much their eatting pattern for a while... it will give you a good idea of how often thry will get hungry.... but the rule of thumb is EVERY 2 HOURS FOR AN EBF BABY
    mommie3100

Answer by mommie3100 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My 2 month old ate every 3 hours between 7 AM -11 PM and then slept all night until around 7 the next morning.

Answer by missanc at 9:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My daughter is 9 weeks old now and she eats anywhere from every 2 to 4 hours. 2.5 hours is probably average for her. She'll do one longer stretch at night that is usually 4 hours but occasionally is longer. Last night the long stretch was almost 7 hours. She is EBF. She pees and poops like a champ, so I don't worry about it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• When babies go through different cycles or growth spurts, things like that change temporarily. At 2 months old, that's not a pattern I would count on her continuing, she'll likely throw you for a loop soon and go back to eating all the time :)
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 10:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my baby ate more often than that...you are doing fine if you have lots of wet diapers every day
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 10:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It's totally normal. Once your little one is about 3 months old, things will feel more on a schedule...and feedings will become almost routine. Both of my children nursed about every 1-2 hours at this age...but then some days would sleep right thru a feeding...and wake up starving (or so they thought). Little piggies. Have fun with it mama, they don't stay little for long.

Anonymous