Does anyone know how long it takes to be a 1 grade teacher????

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in

• 4 years
    Anonymous

• 4 years of college which includes student teaching. And even then you aren't guaranteed to have a 1st grade classroom. Once you sign a contract with a school district they can put you in any grade that you are qualified to teach.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Five years here. A four year degree plus a year to get your teaching cert. I know because my step-mom is a teacher and my step-bro is wanting to be a teacher. Plus I work as an ea at a high school. And like another poster said, you can do early years ed, but it's up to the school division and principal where you will actually be placed. You can request 1st grade, but you may not get it. In fact my son's 4th grade teacher was moved to K and she did not request it, and didn't really want it, but she's doing a good job.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My daughter is a teacher t took 4 years. The last year was student teaching, developing lesson plans, classroom management etc...
    Anonymous

• 4-5 years, depending on how many courses you take at one time. You can teach while getting your certificate and if you go to school for education, your certificate is part of your education. Check with an education department at a local college. State laws differ.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• If you can find a job in the k-3 market (over run) then you have to go to a 4 yr college and get the degree, get the job, then pass your state exam -- they vary state to state and maintain your licence, in ohio you have to complete your masters in 10 yrs from graduation with your b.s. in eced....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009