my daughter will NOT drink out of a hard spout sippy ... BUT rips the soft spout sippy tops off!! help =(

idk what to do! everyday i clean up what spills out of her cup bc she rips the top off! ... now i bought her 2 hard spout ones and she wont take them =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Try a straw. There are some that are pressure and suction activated by Nuby and my LO loves them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• my son is the same way, hes 9 months old, he bites bigger holes into the nipples on his bottles, leaks juice out of soft tipped sippy cups, and wont take hard tipped ones, or drink out of the ones with straws....im at a loss myself...?!?!?!?! i think it might have to do with the teething deal, maybe the chewing makes his gums feel better? i dont know!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• sweetstkissez22
    ---
    well atleast im not alone! LOL
    Anonymous

• Try the ones that are disposable, they aren't real hard, but too hard to bite off and they really last a long time can even put them in the dishwasher.
    Anonymous

• I had that problem with my younger two kids. I bought these sippy cups and they worked great. It is some kind of rubber that they can't bite through. Just make sure not to lose the little valve, it is hard to find a replacement.
    Photobucket
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• She will take them if that is all she is offered. She may throw a fit at first but as long as you don't give in, she will take it. I used the Avent cups with no problem and now they take anything I offer. I love the Gerber ones..they are easy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• salexander
    ---
    i tried 6 times already .. ill try again when she wakes up... but she just will not take it
    Anonymous