Vaginal pain still?

My daughter was born almost 8 months ago and I am still having discomfort during sex.
My fiance and I have had sex maybe 5 times, but it is never fun for me even with alot of lubrication. Then it hurts for afew hours after...
We haven't even tried in over a month because the last 2 times we tried I was just in tears because I did NOT want to.
I did have to have an episiotimy...not sure how many stitches. My OB just said "alot".
Is it normal to still be having pain this long after?

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 8:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also had an episiotimy and it hurt for quite a while. I know it sounds awful but its kind of like when you lose your virginity it hurts for the first several times and then you ease your way back into the game. Make sure everything is okay with your obgyn and use lots of lube and try not to panic and clench I bet youre doing it and don't even realize it. It takes time. I wish I had just torn naturally!
    Anonymous

• It takes a long time to heal. See your OBGYN make sure everything is ok. Tearing does heal faster. I tore from stem to stearn.
    Anonymous

• oh yeah normal.i had alot of stitches too but they cut me to get my baby out. it still hurts sometimes and my baby is 16months. try doing it in water,also the more u have it the less it will hurt.also try this postion,th were ur both laying down with him behind u and have him go in from behind and u can prop ur leg up on is if u want.i dont know how to realy describe it in detail.but it hurts less if he goes from behind
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009