Would you please share your Religion or Beliefs with me?

What are your core values/beliefs? What does this mean to you? How does it translate to others? Do you practice any rituals, spells or sacrifices? How did you come to believe in what you believe in?

I would like to hear from all walks. I will delete any rude, disrespectful or bashing cross-post commentary. I am genuinely curious about all of you ladies that I interact with on a daily basis. I'm not looking to convert anyone, lol, would just like to see things from your perspective. I mean no offense by this post, so I'm hoping none of you will take it that way. I am posting anonymously so that my own beliefs won't be taken into consideration when you respond.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i am xtian, 'born and raised' as they say. raised in the baptist church, left briefly to explore other denominations-married an episcopalian..currently attending a presbyterian/USA church. i believe in the Holy Trinity, water-baptism, communion of saints, forgiveness of sins, the death/burial/resurrection of Christ...basically, the Nicene Creed. i feel each person is responsible for his/her own 'sin', and thus need forgiveness. i don't believe one need 'only to believe in God' for admittance into eternal Heaven upon death/judgement. I am an amillenialist-don't believe in the 1000yr-reign..or the 'rapture'. i believe when i die, i will be judged and admitted into Heaven (unless i die in an unrepentent state). i do not believe in 'soul sleeping'. i am fully aware that my life/actions are my best testimony of Christ-in-me, rather than my words alone. i believe 'works' are beneficial, but not what will attain eternal life.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• For me i believe in god, but i dont think you have to go to church every sunday to prove that you believe in god.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I believe in the my own inner divinity so I think we all posess simply by our "being". I feel the energy of the universe around me, every single day, especially in the wind and the trees and the moon and stars. This energy, is our energy, which continues on even after we pass. We are of the earth, and the stars and the universe and to which we will return.
    I believe we are all one and we are all connected...what we do to each other reverberates to all. Which is why it's so important to treat each other with kindness and respect and love.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• im a satanist, if you would like to learn more about it please feel free to join the group Satanism in Depth. :) hope to see you there..if you dont feel comfy joining the group, please feel free to message me with any questions you have.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am a Christian, Luthern. I was raised in a family that believed in God but didn't attend church. I believe there is nothing wrong with that as long as you live by the code of the Bible. I do attend church weekly and find it to help me in life. I have met a lot of friends there and love the environment. I pray and read a daily Bible. Each day is sectioned off into about a five minute section. I think there is nothing better than the acceptance and love that you feel when you attend the right Christian church. It saddens me that some fanatical churches shove people away from going because they are so overbearing. My church isn't like that and I suggest looking for the right one if you feel yours is. You have to try out churches to find the right match.
    Anonymous

• i consider myself a pantheist... I believe that reality and divinity are one...and that divinity is nature. in other words we have "sacred" god-like" nature around us and it is important for us to live peacefully with each other. pantheism is a nature-based religion. I'm not fully converted because I believe in an afterlife. pantheism believes once you die...you die. energy remains on the earth and that is how you "live on". but I want to believe there is a "fairy tale" afterlife where you can see family and friends
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I am an agnostic...for me it means I don't feel like I or anyone else for that matter could possibly have all of the answers about life and what it means and how it originated. There may be a God, there may not be. But if there is...I definitely don't believe anyone can understand his or her true nature....and I certainly don't think that a God would create us and then punish us for not believing in him...I believe that idea is man-made, for the purpose of fear and control....which is why I have basically rejected all mainstream religion.
    Still I hold on to the idea of spirituality, because I and my family have had many unexplainable experiences that lead me to me believe there could be an afterlife of some kind or a different plane of existence. We have been visited by passed away relatives and other spirits, and had other similarly strange experiences.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 9:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Definitely not comfy joining Satanism in Depth, Necro, lol! But I would really like to know more....Are you uncomfortable talking about it in open forum? I have heard that most Satanist nowadays are misunderstood and do not worship Satan, but rather themselves. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not, maybe it just sounds ignorant to you and if it does, I do apologize. But, yeah, I have been especially curious about you, lol. You are the only satanist I'm aware that I "know", lol.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 9:15 I went to many different churches before finding the one that I felt comfortable in and accepted. I am a Southern Baptist Christian and I am so glad that I found God. He has done so much good in my life since I have. I started by reading a Bible, then looked for a church; I am now saved, and I am building up the courage to be baptized. It's a little embarrassing for me bc I am 24 and the only people that I ever see get baptized are children. Plus, I am pregnant so that would be even more embarrassing. I asked my husband if he would do it with me and he said he would, sooo just have to get brave now. I love God and I'm not ashamed of him, I just feel awkward because I have only been a Christian for a couple of yrs and never attended church or knew anything before now. And I am still learning. I'm happy though.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Heartfrommyson- don't be embarrassed- I was in my late 20s when I was baptized.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2009