How long did it take for you to get your new driver's lisence?

CarsBars08

Asked by CarsBars08 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• about 10 mins
    Anonymous

• Yeah they did it while I waited. Subjective time spent in the DMV - 1000 years, objective time - about 10 minutes.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Hmm. I think I've had 3 drivers licenses over the years. The one I got at 16. The replacement one when I turned 21 and the one I got after I got married, which I didn't get until my old one expired at 25 (I got married just after turning 23). I still have that same license. It expired in 2006 and I renewed it online. I have to get a new one next time. That will be next year when I'm 34.
    Anyway. Even with having to show my marriage certificate and fill out paperwork it still only took like 20 minutes. The longest was waiting for my turn to get the photo. I've never waited more then 20 minutes at the DMV even when I got my first license (I took drivers ed and got a waiver so I didn't have to take another test at the DMV).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Here, they print it out for you right at the Tag Agency. This is in OK. . In CA, they mailed it to you and if you're lucky it got to you before it expired. No really, in CA it took about 2-3 weeks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• When we moved to VA from ME I had to go to DMV to get a new state license, which probably took about an hour. That was back in 2003. What they have done since then is allow me to renew it online by using the same photo. I can change my addy, height & weight online for a replacement license, but anything else I would have had to go into DMV for. I have the same photo on my license that was taken back in 2003 and it doesn't expire until 2012...lol.
    Since the state has created newer and more secure licenses I will have to go into DMV to get a new one done up with a new photo. It will take about 30 minutes up to an hour probably. Our DMVs here in VA are wicked busy!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009