Have you ever rented one of those RUG DOCTORS from the grocery store?

okay well I just did the carpets with that about 2 hours ago...maybe even 2.5 hours ago. Well Im so annoyed
we left every window open in the house and kept the fans on the whole time we were gone in hopes it would help

well now Im home and the carpets are still wet! Gross...and alll of our house stuff is moved to places of the house where there is only tile or in the garage...this includes our bed...LOL

its only 6:32 now so I have time to wait longer but I want to know

if you used on of these how long did it take your carpet to dry?
is it okay to vacuum since its still a bit damp?

is there a way for the machine to just suck the water out of the carpet?

any advice please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Rug doctors and other non-professional extraction equipment have a very difficult time extracting all the water they shoot out because they're so weak. You have to keep going over it and over it and over it to try to pull out the water. Sounds like maybe you didn't go over it enough so I'd plan on the carpets being wet for a good long while. Next time, call a professional with truckmounted equipment and a great reputation...the carpets will be dry very quickly and look a thousand times better than they do after a rug doctor cleaning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Depending on your vacuum I probably wouldn't try

we rented one a month or so ago and it worked AWESOME.

it does take a while to dry tho
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• With the Rug Doctor there is def. a way to just extract water from the carpets. We have used them in the past for steam cleaning. We also used one after Hurricane Iniki flooded our home.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Answered this on your other post.. so will echo it here.

Do you have or know of anyone who has a dehumidifier? It will help suck the moisture out of the carpeting and dry it right up.
    bobeena

Answer by bobeena at 7:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• yes we have used them. I hgave never had a problem with them. We go back and just suck the water back up again after we shampoo.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have used one, and I have to admit, it didn't work the greatest for us. My moms shampooer that was cheap worked better!
    And as far as the dry time, I think it took us all night for it to dry. It does take a while. If your comfortable just run your vaccum over it, and hopefully it'll suck most of the water up!
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My husband used one of those in our house and it didnt work very well. our carpet stayed wet for awhile just like you said. Its hard to do anything with a wet carpet especially when you have a toddler and 2 dogs. Ive used ones that you buy from the store and works very well or if you dont want to do it yourself and have an extra $100 i also suggest to hire someone to do the dirty work for you :)
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009