Did this happen to you? My son has become a little boy overnight!

I feel like I woke up this morning and my 14 month old son is saying things like "Bubble" and "Blue." I give him simple orders and he follows them. I ask him to go get cookie monster and he gets the exact toy and holds it up. I call him into the room and when he won't come I say "You can have a spoon if you come" (He loves spoons for some reason) and he comes running! I say "Shoes" and he looks down at his shoes right away. I guess this doesn't exactly sound like I should be filling out the application for mensa, but he was just a little baby yesterday I swear! What happened? Where did the baby go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup. Same thing happened to my 13month old...........*SIGH*...........little baby to little boy overnight.....tomorrow he will be a man......(or so it seems)
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• It's amazing, isn't it? Seems like we somehow think they are blobs and suddenly they are actually intelligent! LOL
    Our son suddenly starting calling us Mom and Dad. No more mommy and daddy. I had a few days of sadness over that one!
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 9:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I used to ask the same thing about my kids. My daughter is 22, and I wonder where my little girl went, and my son is 11 and he's acting like a teenager! I never really believed that kids grow up so fast, until mine did! Enjoy every moment,Hon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• it was like that with my daughter, i swear one day she was just happy staring at walls, the next she's asking me how butterflies come from caterpillars and was not happy w/magic being the answer....
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Just wait until he reaches puberty! I swear I put my little boy to bed one night and the next morning a man walked out of his bedroom.

It goes fast so enjoy the toddler years.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Right now my son is almost 3. He is getting sooo smart. He's remembers stuff from weeks, and months ago. He is doing his best to be as self sufficent as possible. Its sad but good. I miss his baby days.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2009