Should I stay or should I go...

I have two jobs where I work 6 days a week and take care of my 4 year old. I did it to make ends meet but it's not working. To top it off, my boss of the job that I work 5 days a week is a bitch. She treats me like my x-husband treated me. She doesn't think I ever do anything right. I can't eat or sleep because she's stressed me out so much. Every time I go to work I feel like I'm going to get fired just for looking at her wrong. She's that type of person. I can go back to my other job I work 1 day a week with right now and get extra hours. But not sure I should do this. Any thoughts?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Start looking for a new job! You can find great ideas and support in the Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I guess you need to make a plan, find another job first, unless your financial situation has changed. You didn't say what it is that you do, so I cannot steer you in the direction to find proper placement. If it is just a run of the mill hourly work kind of thing, I just read that the post office is hiring, I know it takes several interviews to get on there, but great hours and great benefits! In the time being, ignore her, and try to leave work at work--I know easier said than done, but most people who find fault with EVERYTHING that others do are usually worried about covering up their own. Good luck Mom!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• To answer kimiqoqo..I'm a massage therapist. I get an hourly at one job (where I work 5 days a week) but only if I work on a person and I get commission plus hourly at the other job.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I would say to stick it out. Jobs are too hard to find right now. Be thankful you have one!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Oh Hi, I actually call on salons, you should easily be able to find a job, where do you live? PM me, I have contacts all over the midwest!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You sound like me at my FT job, except mine was a male. I could do no right, yet I was the expert in the field and he really had no experience in what he ws doing. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, gained 35 pounds...it was really bad. I ended up quitting after my business got off the ground. I ended up starting a business with Arbonne and I will never look back!!! I will never go back to working FT and trading time for money.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009