Night sweats / low temp

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have experienced night sweats, and what your OB / PCP told you it might be attributed to. My day 3 results were

jen2100

Asked by jen2100 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I also have a low normal temp- 97.6 but I think there's a point where the low isn't healthy. if this has been going on for a while, I guess its just you but I'm pretty sure 96's aren't good for you. I think all you can do is stick with your doctor and don't give up until you get answers
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I probably should have mentioned that I take my temperature at 5am each day after at least 7 hours of sleep. I'm wondering if the earlier time has something to do with the lower temp. I just took it (at 10pm) and it's 97.4 (an entire degree higher than this morning). So maybe I'm okay?
    :-)

I had the basic TSH bloodwork done in June, and the result was .935 (reference was .450 - 4.500) - levels MUCH closer to hyperthyroidism.
    jen2100

Answer by jen2100 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I can't remember my levels and I wasn't temping, but I did have night sweats and hotflashes before I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The first basic test my RE ran showed it as borderline, so she sent me to an edocrynologist who ran the other tests and found it to be abnormal. There are several different thyroid blood tests, and mine only showed outside the normal range on one of the tests. After the diagnosis I realized I had many other hyperthyroid symptoms that had gradually gotten worse over the years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2009