It's not about race?

Despite the presence of a mannequin clad in a Ku Klux Klan outfit standing amid the pool tables, owner Lanzo maintained he's no a racist.
And you thought Joe Wilson's "You Lie!" outburst was a low point for political discourse.

A Georgia businessman is using the N-word on a sign outside his restaurant to slam President Obama's health care plan.

The billboard outside the Peach Oyster Bar in Paulding County reads, "Obama's plan for health care - [N-word] rig it," Atlanta CBS affiliate WGCL reported.

"I've used the N-word most of my life and there is different ways to put your opinion up, but that's just the words I choose to use," owner Patrick Lanzo told WGCL. "I've put signs up for 22 years. ... I've put all kinds of political signs up."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.nydailynews.com/real_estate/2009/10/10/2009-10-10_billboard_outside_georgia_restaurant_uses_nword_to_deride_obama_health_care_poli.html#ixzz0Uc2acXNr
    Anonymous

• Free speech is free speech is free speech. You want it? Then you gotta give it to everybody.....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• So you have examples of what 3 people. Get a life.
    Anonymous

• she never said we didn't have free speech.. shes trying to prove that it IS about race.. to some people anyway
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 10:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• As much as I abhor the use of this word, because anyone with a brain knows the real reasons it is used, and it is not innocent political protest or discourse as this intrepid individual would have you believe, free speech does allow for this.

I hope he is put out of business over this. That is the rest of the normal, sane, non-racist world freely speaking as well. The hate mongers who are cheering him can only buy so much from him.

I think he is appalling, and I hope he is the focus of a lot of backlash from others freely speaking their minds on the public thoroughfare outside his restaurant.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• As long as there are people there will be ignorant ones! It makes me sad, but all races have their idiots!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Well the n word really doesn't mean black people it means stupid. Its the same thing as men making breasts into sex objects when thats not what they started out as... People have taken the word and made it racist. Anyway hes an ass. If being an ass were illegal most of the population would have a criminal record. What you gonna do about it?
    Anonymous

• Ilove...lili made my point. He isn't allowed his free speech and his opinions. People are now going to call for him to be shut down for his opinion and for exercising his free speech. Now if people CHOOSE to not go to his establishment for what he says....thats fine. But for him to be SHUT DOWN for saying something others dont like is not right. I do NOT agree with him...but how does the saying go " i do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." And yes dears to SOME people it is about race....ON BOTH SIDES. HELLLOOOOOOO! SOME people voted for Obama simply because of race and SOME people voted against Obama because of his race. If we are going to pull out the extreme crazies on BOTH sides we get no where.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• LOL..ANON, I tried, these peeps will say it is NOT about RACE all day long! There is NO amount of convincing that you can do...even with a big OLD N***** SIGN!!

They will defend til the death, they assume you think THEY are all racist........so stupid!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Ilove...lili made my point. He isn't allowed his free speech and his opinions. People are now going to call for him to be shut down for his opinion and for exercising his free speech.

and thats THEIR FREE SPEECH and RIGHT TO PROTEST...see it works BOTH WAYS! Just because it isn't YOUR opinion doesn;t mean it isn't valid...Hope they DRIVE OUT HIS BUSINESS and he can go live with that A-Hole in LA who refused to marry interracial couples....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2009