any ideas on how to get rid of this absurd headache?

first off i have a bad history of migraines and my doc is still trying to get it all straightened out for me, and idk if this is one or not surely not one i have had befor.
my left eye and like the left side( like go from ur eye out to the top side of ur head) hurts like theres something really sharp logged in my damn head it been there all day...i tried everything i can think of, so idk...throw me some suggestion?

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like a migraine thats how mine start out. I usually take 2 Tylenol (or any off brand ) 4 ibuprofen (or any off brand) and drink a hot fresh cup of strongcoffee.   I take all the meds at the same time and follow with the coffee.  The heat from the coffee will dissolve the meds so the absorb quicker.  It's easier to get Excedrin migraine (which is acedamediphine, ibuprofen, and caffeine all in one pill lol) if this doesn't work I go to the dr for nubane (my best friend). hope this helps

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• BC Powder or Excedrin and coffee, dark room and pinch the area between your pointer finger and thumb, hard. Transference of pain. Or go and get a shot of something fromt he ER. Horrible, sorry. Klonopin helps women with migraines, ask the doc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Try keeping a food diary; there are many foods that can trigger migraines. Some common ones are chocolate, nuts, nitrates, MSG, yeast, vinegar.

You may not be getting enough magnesium in your diet. I take Cal/Mag/D every other day (calcium because I am old, Vitamin D because it strenghtens the immune system)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009