Drano For A Gender Test? Dose It Work?

Ok, My BFF And I Are Both Pregnant, Only 2 Days Apart. We Are So Wanting To know The Gender Of Our Babies! We Read Online That You Can Test With Your Pee And Drano... Is That True? Has Anyone Done This?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow i havent so i'm gonna bump, but plz let me know i've never heard that!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• it is said that you use equal parts pee and drano, like 3 oz of each, and if the color is red, yellow or no change in color, its a girl, any other color is a boy. you HAVE to use drano crystals only! not the liquid. we didnt know it was suposto be the crystals and we used the liquid, well, it just fuzzed up and didnt do any thing. so im woundering if this really works. you can google "Drano Pregnancy Test" and it will come up there. - Writter
    Anonymous

• i've heard it's dangerous.
    Anonymous

• lol, its dangerous cause of the fumes, and trust me it smells bad. you MUST do it outside... dont pee outside, lol, but take the cup of pee outside and you hardly even smell it. i rapped a cloth aroundmy mouth and nose.-Writter
    Anonymous

• This has been going around for over 25 years. Like most moms back then I tried it. This was before routine ultasounds for everyone. They only did U/S if there was a problem. All three times it came out 'boy'. The last time I was saying, oh this is such BS, I just KNOW i'm having a girl. LOL...well my 'girl' was born with boy equiptment. You can't do it with the liquid. Don't pour the urine into the crystals inside. The fumes are bad. We always had my husband mix it and I stood back. It was accurate for me, both of my cousins, and my sons two children.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Sweet... We Are Heading To The Store First Thing In The Morning!! THANKS!!! -Writter

PS. Crystals Only, Not Liquid... Got It!
    Anonymous

• DO NOT DO THE DRANO TEST!!! They sell gender tests at Walgreens (or probably any store). Don't risk the health of your babies- spend the extra cash for an actual at home gender test or wait a few weeks for the ultrasound.
    Anonymous