Schedule C-Section

We will be having a schedule c-section this time around.. With our first daughter we went through 12 hours of labor before moving onto having a c-section. I was wondering if someone that has had a planned c-section could explain what they do. This is also a refresher as it will have been almost 6 years since I am gone through it all.

Baileysmom22304

Asked by Baileysmom22304 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your dr will set u a time to be at the host. you will have your epudula(sp) put in, and go to the c-section room to have the baby. Takes bout an hour or so once you are there. Things go alot faster with a scheduledc-section b.c you and the drs are a little more prepared for it. Good luck! Im going in for my c-section nov 17th and i went through 17 hours of labor before i had a c-section with my first child.
    Anonymous

• So, they give you an epidural instead of a spinal?? Cause I had an epidural with my first labor and then once I got into the OR my epidural was all the way out when they went to give me a spinal.. Doesnt an epidural just block a good chunk of the pain?? As a spinal numbs you and you cant feel anything...
    Baileysmom22304

Answer by Baileysmom22304 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• hello I have had 2 Schedule C-Section's and prego with my 3rd and will have a Schedule C-Section also.. First what they will do is put a thing on your tummy to monitor the babies heard rate. Then they will hook up the IV then they will do a ultrasound to see what way the baby is laying. Then u will be taken to the C-section room and they will give u the spinal and do the c section.. God bless hope this helped

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2009