Bladder Problems (TMI)

I am a 23 year old mother of 3 (a 4 year old and twin 1 year olds). Scince having the twins I have been having bladder problems. I can not sneeze, laugh, or cough without almost peeing my pants. I also have to go in and go to the br at least every hour and a half. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Health

• Yes very very common solution kegels.
    Anonymous

• Well, I have a 2 year old and have the same problem. I've had to completely give up running which was my favorite activity, or I would soak through a pad in about 2 minutes. Even fast speed walking I have to wear a pad and it gets pretty soaked. I also have to go to the bathroom all the time. I thought I was alone in having the problem this badly! Some women say a drop or two comes out of they sneeze or cough and they they think it's the end of the world.

My OBGYN keeps telling me to do kegals...yeah, I've been doing them for 2 years and nothing has worked. He did say that when I'm doing having children (I'm pregant with #2 now) there is some kind of surgery they can do to prop your bladder up. Whether or not it works well, I don't know.

So you're not alone..and neither am I thank goodness! I think we have extreme cases though. I've just learned to deal. It sucks.
    ClaireW

Answer by ClaireW at 11:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• your kiegel muscles are weak. tighten and release the kiegel muscles every chance you get. you can learn where the muscle is by letting your urine flow for 10 sec squeeze your muscles to stop flow for 20 sec then pee again for 10 sec and release, do this every time you pee. within two weeks you should notice a significant difference, if not call reg doc for an appt to acheck to see if you have an over active bladder. with each kid we have the kiegel muscle weakens and so does the bladder.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You're not the only one. I have issues as well. Not quite as severe, but every day I have an incident. If I cough or sneeze, I have to sit down and pray nothing happens. My husband just laughs and doesn't understand. He doesn't believe me when I tell him about my weak bladder. I'm glad I'm not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2010