How quickly after consuming cow's milk protein will it enter breast milk?

It seems that my little boy who is 15 wks old is allergic to cow's milk protein. The ped suggested that this might be the cause of his gassyness. I have been holidaying in Malaysia and have not consumed any milk products at all for the past 10 days. Yesterday and today in the morningI had supposedly dairy free coffee but when I looked at the contents it has sodium caseinate in it which is milk protein. Both days I fed him about half an hour after consuming it and almost immediately he was arching his back, crying and throwing up lots of curdled milk. Would the milk protein cross into the breast milk that quickly or would it have been something else that caused it? I didn't consume anything else yesterday with milk in it. The other weird thing is that the day before yesterday I had a starbucks flat white and it didn't have the same impact. Now why would that be??

Franjo

Asked by Franjo at 11:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have found that it usually affects my little one about 12-18 hours after I injest it. mine is also bad with eggs could that have been it?
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 11:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• You self-diagnosed perfectly. It can make a difference very quickly.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Broccoli can really do it too. I couldn't eat broccoli or green peppers while I was brestfeeding
    lilcarly

Answer by lilcarly at 1:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009