can anyone give me a natural remedy to keep fleas off my dog, I hate using the sprays and collars help

beanhead411

Asked by beanhead411 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pets

• try getting herbal flee drops
    Anonymous

• Coconut shampoo or use dawn dishsoap with a dog conditioner to keep their skin from drying out too bad.
    Anonymous

• be very careful using home made remedies, your dog or cat could be allergic to that, I have had that happen, from now on, I go to the vet I trust, and let them do it, after all they know your pet, and I feel like why should I risk doing it myself when it might or might not work and the vets usually work . Some things we use or think are not harsh to a pet, really could be, and my dog is allergic to normal dog foods so I have to get him a all natural dog food, and his allergy cleared right up!
    Julie800

Answer by Julie800 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I was just told the other day that if you sprinkle garlic powder in their food, it will help keep fleas away. I don't know if it works or not I haven't tried it yet.

crazytexan

Answer by crazytexan at 11:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• eucalypts oil

Anonymous

• I use garlic and apple cider vinegar. Never had fleas in the years I used it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yes, garlic, but I don't know how much is safe. Also, I've heard great things about Diatomaceous Earth (DE). You can use it on pets, in the house, and in the yard. Just be sure to get to food grade DE, not the kind for pools.  A more natural diet is also great for warding off fleas and other parasites...either homecooked or raw with very litte to no grains is best.  If you can't homecook or feed raw, check out Dog Food Analysis for a 4-6 star premium commercial dog food.

CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Apple cider vinegar

RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Oh and bathe them in Dawn dish soap
    RaeLynn1221

• Lavender, bugs hate lavender
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2009