I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can have VBAC after 2 C-sections??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Certainly! It's called VBA2C. Some women have VBA3C... or however many cesareans.
    Depending on the mom's health status, of course. For most women, choosing a vaginal birth after cesarean is a safer choice than an elective repeat cesarean.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agree with doulala! In most cases, vaginal birth carries less risks than c-sec. You may have a hard time finding a provider to attend you. But it will be worth it! On a related note, Michelle Duggar (from 18 Kids & Counting) has had 3 c-sections spaced out through her births. So she has had like a million VBACs and several VBA2C. And is planning a VBA3C with baby 19. If she can do that, certainly you can do a VBA2C! Lol
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• lol in my opinion, michelle duggar is not a very good example of the possibilities and birth choices in pregnancy...

but from what I have read, VBAC after more than one c-section has an increased risk and a lot depends on how the incisions were made in your uterus. your doctor will be able to tell you whether or not you are a candidate
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009