Would you have another child EVEN IF you KNEW you couldn't afford it?

I can't imagine getting pregnant again anytime soon. I'm glad I have the IUD, we couldn't afford another baby, whoo! They really are expensive, huh? ;D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nope i wouldnt and even if i could afford another i wouldnt..3 is enough....i like getting to sleep all night, and beside newborns are so much work...
    Anonymous

• No, I have 2 kids (2yr/2mo.) and I am pregnant again but we are financially
    prepared and if I wasn't I don't think I would have another baby.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Well, it depends. I have an IUD, but if I still got pregnant . . . I would never have an abortion. So, in that case, yes I would. We can afford another baby though, so it doesn't matter either way. I actually have been having baby fever lately BIG TIME. We also thought ahead. With my daughter, we bought all neutral colored items (carseat/stroller, packnplay, high chair) all the big stuff can be reused no matter the gender. We kept in mind for a future child, plus I didn't want all obnoxious pink colors throughout my entire house. Her room is pink and frilly enough . . lol. I also still have almost ALL of my daughter's clothing/shoes, everything. We want a boy though. Clothes are cheap anyway, we wouldn't have to buy all new big stuff. Wow . . . I suppose all of that wasn't necessary! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yes I would if I got pregnant on Birth Control. Other than that, we have one 2 year old son and are content. I doubt we have more.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• only if it was an accident. like if my birth control failed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• nope and i got my tubes tied so dont have to worry about accidents...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• While we're on PA, No. Butcan anyone truly "afford" a baby? Excluded the well off and rich LOL. Seriously though, if you are always waiting for the "perfect" financial time, you might always be waiting. You dont' need all the expensive things for them though. And buying second hand is perfectly fine. So if you have to budget to have a baby its ok. However TTC while on PA I think is wrong. DH and I are doing what we can NOT to get pregnant right now. We're on stamps, and the twins are enough of a hand full to keep me busy for now!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• my mom always said.....it doesnt matter how much money you have -- the more you have that is just more you spend on the baby......but we can afford it...and are actually upgrading to a bigger vehicle.....I think talk of another baby is in the future ...lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Not on purpose and I'd do everything I could to avoid it except get fixed. But if it were to happen I wouldn't give it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't do it on purpose, but if birth control failed (and BC can and does fail) and I got pregnant I would deal with it as best as possible. Also, most people are never finacially ready to have a child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2009