What happens if you eat the "choke" of an artichoke?

I mean the hair and all. I didn't know that the insides couldnt be eaten. I ate the bottom of the leaves and the whole choke. Then I looked up how to eat an artichoke and now im worried that I ate it. So what will happen..? im also 31 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I eat artichokes ALL the time.. the heart mostly.. mmm. I'm 32 weeks. (with number two)I've never heard of a way not to eat it. If you want to eat it all I don't see why you couldn't..
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Nothing happens. Sounds gross though. The heart of the artichoke is the best part :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You're a-okay momma. I mean, there's not some secret store of poison in the middle. Good fiber too. The only reason that it is not reccomended to eat is because it is bland and too chewy (like you could "choke" on it). If you ate a tender young artichoke (what they sell in stores) the middle was prob. tender enough to be edible. You're fiiiiiiiine!
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 1:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have . I think it is an old wive's tale.You'll be ok. Don't stress about it.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The heart is the best part!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2009