how do i deal with always feeling alone and left out?

sometimes i feel like...there has to be more. i love my daughter w/ all i am, but she has been a handfull from the gat. and we travel w/ my husband for work so we are always somewhere where i dont know anyone and are never anywhere long enogh to meet people. he works 6-7 days aweek very long hours. and when he is off if he wants to go fishing or what ever then he just goes. but if want to just go to the store i have to pack half a damn house and bring her too. i just feel like i a bad mom cause i just need to get away from her sometimes, but cant. i never thought of myself as a selfish person before, but now thats all i want and b!#$ about that i never get to do for myself its always for her and my husband. its almost like having 2 kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• its called cabin fever!!! you're doing everything, getting no help or breaks and its stressful! moms need breaks, me time, nd spa treatmens!!! my me time was getting my nails done, but then that become an issue because i'd be gone for hours depending on wait time. i'm a sigle mom of 4(9, 6, 3, 3), and add daddy as 5th! its nerve racking when you feel like your a caged tiger, pacing longing for the chance to stretch your legs and run some where. i call it cabin fever because its almost like being stuck in a place with no where to go and eventually want to rip your hair out. here's my sugg. get a sitter(look at online agencies), or see if his job might be able to hook you guys up with a nanny at your destination, see if mom or mil would be willing to keep he on your next trip with him and explain why!!! we know it can be trying, but let them know you're looking for a mini break and not an out.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Be selfish. You cant take care of anyone else unless you first take care of you. I feel like you sometimes then I have to remember that I am in control over my life. The way I see it, we all have two options; live life in regrete or live life learning. Don't beat yourself up over the things that bum you out. Stop take a brake and give yourself time to recharge. Focus on your number one team player - you.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You are NORMAL.

And you need to hand baby to dad and LEAVE for a while. It's not an issue for discussion...just DO it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• How old is your daughter? I don't travel like you do and I work part time but I still feel like you do sometimes. I've realized a lot of it has to do with how dependent my son still is because he is still so young. It won't be like that forever. You need to always have something to look forward to in life. However, I'd have a talk with your husband about your situation anyway because once she's in school all day are you guys really gonna still travel as often?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• 100% normal.
    I feel lonely and left out a lot too. It's part of being a mom I suppose.

I love my kids with my whole heart and every fiber of my being but what I wouldn't give to be able to even go pee by myself.

I find it difficult to be selfish and take time out for myself, but I also know it's necessary to be a good mom.

You need some YOU time. Talk to your DH about it. Tell him how you're feeling and what you need. Unless he's a total ass, he'll understand and figure out a way to give you even an afternoon to yourself.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2009