Is there a way I can make myself dilate faster?

I go to the doctor on monday and by then I will be 37 weeks. I went to the hospital because I "thought" I was in labor at 36 weeks, they said I am 1 1/2 cm dialated and 60% effaced. I want to know what I can do to dilate faster? so that when I go to the doctor they tell me it will be very soon.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The first answer was right, it is not the action but what is in ejaculate that will help, my gyno told me that. Oh go ahead and have sex with action and everything, probably last time you will have uninterrupted sex for 6 weeks. After the baby you will be tired and in the recovery process. If you are 60%effaced at 36 weeks I think you will not have to wait another 4 weeks, I think your baby will be here earlier! pm me when you have the little one! PM me when the little one arrives. also don't worry, 36 weeks is totally viable. Good Luck!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I dont know how much this helps cuz I havent even been checked, cuz I didnt want to getr my hopes up

but I heard sex, not just the action of sex, but letting your SO ejaculate in you because the sperm helps soften the cervix or something like that...also heard of nipple stimulation, ummm yeah thats all I heard so far
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Even if you were dilated to 4 centimeters it would not mean that labor is near, necessarily.
    The progress your cervix makes means your body works, it's not telling you that it *will* be soon.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009