milk supply

i have to go back to work in a week and it is really stressin me out. my milk suply has been depleting because of it. in order to make up for it i have been pumping as well as nursing more than usual. i started takeing the herb fergunleek 3 days ago and now i feel as if my supply is even lower! can this herb be depelting my supply instead of helping to build it up?

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 12:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• drink a lot of water it will help your supply
    also breast feed a lot to help it get back up...and please dont stress
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Fenugreek does NOT deplete supply.

Pumping output is NO indication of your supply. EVER.

Baby needs one ounce per hour of separation. More is great but if oyu don't get it you don't get it.

Pumping sked for you:

EVERY morning, pump one side WHILE nursing the other. EVERY MORNING. Like brushing your teeth. This boosts supply. NO, it does not short the baby. It increases supply.

Expect one half ounce to two ounces per session. More is great but often won't happen so don't expect it.

I remember you dropping by the breastfeeding moms group...please see the increasing supply sticky on the group's resources forum. Every trick known to woman is there.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• How old is your baby? There are a few times when your milk supply evens itself out so you are not engorged anymore, but still have plenty of milk. Then there is always the common growth spurt times when moms second guess themselves because the baby is always hungry, but that is normal to. Watch out for 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months because your baby will always be hungry and as long as diaper output is good your supply is too.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2009