Help With A 15 Almost 16 Y/O Daughter.

My Daughter Is 15 To Be 16 December First, She Starts Work On The 24th, Goes To School Monday-Thursday 3:15-4:45, And Spends Alot Of Time In The House. What Is A Good Curfew For Her? Also, She Wants Me To Sign For Her To Drop-Out Of School, So That She Can Work Full-Time And Get Out Of Here! Should I Sign?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• At age 15 ' 9:00 - Weekdays, 10:00 - Weekends. At age 16 ' 9:45 - 10:00 Weekdays, 10:45 - 11:00 Weekends. Its her choice, and if she feels that it is the best thing for her to do i belive you should let her to persue her career/temp job, and move out on her own. Be greatful and sign those papers most kids won't move out until 19 or older. She just wants a head-start on life, maybe she is more prepared than you think. Possibly she knows whats best for her? Maybe sign the papers' but direct her towards g.e.d classes.

wink mini Good Luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't sign a damn thing. That would teach her all the wrong things like: she is responsible and financially capable of taking care of herself, she is grown, she can quit, education doesn't matter, she can have whatever she wants, her mom is a push over, and she doesn't have to respect, value or try to invest in her future. She is 15-16! At this time in her life she needs you the most, don't let her go. If she wants to work a paying job then let her do so. Just remember that it is up to you and her father to show her how to manage her money. She is maturing into a woman and making the biggest transition right now, pay attention, b/c this is where most moms mess up.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• HELL NO DONT DO IT ! THAT SCHOOLEN COMES FIRST INSTEAD OF A JOBE ! I QUIT WHEN I WAS IN 10TH GRADE AND NOW IM KICKING MY SELF IN THE ASS FOR IT ! ! IM 34 YEARS OLD ! DONT DO IT U BE MAKEING A MUSTACKE IF U DO IT ! ! ! GOOD LUCK ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Why do I get the feeling this isnt from a mom? Why is every first letter capped?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Do not sign for that. It is a terrible idea. I am 16 and I can tell you from expieriance that it is a bad idea. The job market is much easier for people with diplomas anyways and if she lives with you what the heck does she even need the money for. At one point in time I wanted to drop out and work too. My parents made me stay and 6 months later I changed my mind. I am e-mailing this during a break at my high school right now!!!

My curfew is midnight on weekends 10:30 on school nights and some nights it makes me mad but TOUGH LOVE.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• What are her goals? Where does she see herself in 5 years? 10 years? What is her "road map" for achieving her goals?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• In most states you HAVE to be 17 in order to drop out anyway.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I don't think you can sign for a 15 yo to drop out of school in any state. Also, how in the world is she going to move out and support herself at 16? Why is she feeling so miserable about life that she wants to do this? Perhaps some therapy, individual and family, is more what she needs than a job. You're her mother, act like it!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2009