OMG MOUSE!!!

So we have a mouse... I can hear him scratching away right now, ewwwwwww!!!! Anyways, anyone know of safe, effective ways to move our lil guest to a different location? I don't want to put down poison (I have a 13 month old), I don't want to kill him (I'm Buddhist), and I don't want to call the exterminator (I'm broke). Your ideas? are there any cheap cage type traps that he would go into and then we can take elsewhere?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We had one when the apartment next to ours caught fire and they were doing work on it. My DH got some sort of trap that was like a clear plastic box and he could get in but not out and we put a peanut butter cracker inside. It kept him alive and after you trapped him, you had to let him loose miles from where he had been. It was humane, but honestly his squealing because he couldn't get out (he got caught at 3am) was stomach turning for me. Good Luck.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yeah, Id say try the plastic box. It seems to work. I dont like critters in my house! Once a frog, yes a FROG, was on my headboard and was just staring at me. I had to call a friend to come escort it outside at 2am!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• what's that old saying? If you see one mouse, there are ten more hiding...something like that.
    anyway, if you hear one mouse, you have more than one. so keep your little plastic box if it works, you'll need it again.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009