Is this odd?

so im 37 weeks pregnant
I know a few people who are just as far along as I am and they really want to go into labor ASAP

I for some reason dont feel like I want to go into labor yet..LOL
Im not looking forward to the whole pushiing thing, possible tearing, etc. I know the reward is all worth it but I feel like I can wait til my due date, maybe even a little past...LOL Im not in any rush like I hear of most women being

Is there something wrong with that?
I feel like the odd one out when every one seems so exhausted from being pregnant and Im just happy and not feeling like how they do.

I even thought I was in labor and was crying because I didnt want to be yet, I didnt even go to the hospital Just in case they thought I was too...I was determined to not be in labor...LOL

Anyone else feel the way I feel when they were pregnant?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you're intuitively wise!

The more you wait and allow your body to do what it needs to, the less likely to have "problems" (like making yourself push baby out or having a tear). So by knowing it's inevitable and will only be easier to let go & allow nature to run it's course, you're setting yourself up for a smoother labor and birth! ;-)

Moms who want to birth their babies before their body & baby are ready are forcing things that aren't meant to be forced. That is hard on your body, hard on your emotional health, hard on the baby. It's great to hear you aren't interested in that!! (NOT odd!)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I felt pretty similar to that. I enjoyed being pregnant the last couple of months. Whenever he would move, I would get a literal kick out of it. I did want to get the labor over with at a certain point just to be done with it. I was really afraid of going into labor in public!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I think you are afraid of going into labor, which is OK. Just remember this is your body, it is instinctive, and your body will dialate, efface, and go through this. You will try and relax, focus on an object if you have to, breathe, and ride with it. It is not something to be feared, it is something to be embraced, because as a woman your body is instictively going to deliver. I have the feeling you love the little one already, and wait til the momment your baby, you see it for the first time, hold it for the first time, and smell the new born smell. there is nothing like it. Relax during delivary , set your mind for relaxation and delivary and in no time your little one will be in your arms. good luck.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2009