Do you think its wrong to use just condoms??

My SO and I decided after the baby is born that we are going to use condoms. I dont want to use any implants or anything like that because I have heard horrible things about it. And birth control pills, well lets just say I have super bad memory and I would end up pregnant in a snap. So SO and I talked it out and we decided that condoms are going to work best for us. But there are people that are in disbelief that we would do that. They worked for us before and then we stopped using them. So I would like to hear your input but please dont be rude about it. These are my beliefs and I would like you ladies to respect them. Thanks in advance :)

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's what we used, so I couldn't possibly think it's wrong. Sperimcide is good if you can. I'm allergic to it so didn't use it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• thats what me and my hubby are planning to do until I can find a method I like better

BC gives me huge mood swings and he doesnt want to deal with it
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I think thats a personal decision between you and your SO. Theres no right or wrong when it comes to birth control, aside from abusing abortion. You know the risks and youre an adult so good luck! I hope it goes well for you guys!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If you are bad remembering to take pills, have you considered the depo shot? Its a shot you get every 90 days and they are as effective as pills. Plus,when you are on depo, you don't get your period! But to answer your question I don't see a problem with it as long as both partners are fully aware that they can burst easily.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I just dont like the idea of the depo, but we used condoms for a long time and not one of them broke. Not saying that they wont because they definitely can but we have always a pretty good experience with them.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I did depo and those are some great side effects but other side effects are very similar to pregnancy

I had nausea, head aches, water retention
    your body is tricked into thinking its pregnant so it also has some pretty annoying side effects
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I understand about the depo shot. I personally love it, but it isn't for everyone. I think as long as your and your SO feel comfortable using just condoms than who else's opinion really matters!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You need to check out the failure rates for it, and then decide if you're comfortable with that. Our opinions don't really matter. Condoms are like 99% effective if used properly (put on before any penetration), so that would be good enough for me. Actually, it IS good enough for me, that's what we use!
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yep Im okay with the failure rates after all if they are that high percentage it must be a miracle that we have that baby right?
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• as of right now that is what me and hubby use....he was schd. to have a vesectomy, but then I started in on the, I might want another .....so that is hwat we are using....People probably meant it isnt always good, because it is something ...that sometimes is an "after thought"..I dont know how to put it....but sometimes when you get soo in the mood, and you are not close to where you keep your condoms....you can get into the mind set that, it will be OK to go without it this one time...we have gone without them a few times... it is hard for me to get pregnant, and we are kind of in the mindset, that if it happens, it will be welcomed surprise...but if you are 100% that you dont want another, you should have a stash of them in all the rooms/places, that you might do it in lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2009