VA, TN, WV, NC, SC and KY ladies, we need your help!

We're in VA, but a part of VA that's really close to KY, NC, WV, and TN (and not too far from SC, depending on where you're headed) and we REALLY want to get out of this forsaken place for a day or two. If you're in any of those states, please give suggestions for fun things to do! We're willing to drive up to like 5 hours! Anything, iMAX theaters (I've never even seen one before), ghost walks (that don't cost an arm and leg and need reservations), metaphysical stores, open Pagan circles, cool parks, trails, caverns, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I heard the Biltmore Estate is pretty frickin awesome this time of year. Very scenic and pretty. Although I'm a fan of the fall colors anyway.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• iMAX theater at the virginia marine science museum, you can go to the movie, than go to the museum. you can go to williamsburg, dc, jamestown, all fun places and have some good history in there too. busch gardens is still open, they have halloscream going on right now. at night its like a haunted house type thing, all through the park. really fun.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• OP here: Williamsburg, though from what I've heard, it's great, is about 7 hours away from here, which is a little too far for us to go for a day or so. Thanks, though!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If you don't mind camping in Oct. There's a Samhain festival here. The person who does it every year is a close friend of mine.
    http://www.moonstruckky.com/
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The Biltmore Estate is beautiful!!

Answer by missanc at 7:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If you're in VA then you know about the caverns further north up Rt 29, but I don't know how far southwest you are in the state, so I don't know how far the caverns are from you.
    Here is a website I visit all the time when we are looking for something new to do here in VA (we live just south of DC):    http://www.virginia.org/

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about the other states you listed. Hope you find something that interests you!

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2009