did you and your s/o fight over nursery decor?

My hubby and I are trying to figure out our baby's nursery and have a theme picked out. That was the easy part.
He wants a "catalouge look". Everything must match. All the furniture from the same line and color. He wants to buy a set for the nursery that has EVERYTHING! Bedding, art, baskets, wall paper. Everything the very same. Perfect!
I love the look of the put~together rooms, but I'm not a put~together kind of person. I'm a mix~n~match kind of girl. I'm very creative and would love to have fun with this. I think the home should reflect the family. Our baby is going to be unique and her room should be custom made for her.
What did you do for your baby's room? Did you and your s/o bicker about it, too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL no I made him put the crib together and that was pretty much the extent of his input. We knew we were going to have the crib in our room for a while anyway so I just picked a crib I liked that matched the decor in our room. Then we got some little wooden letters to spell his name on the wall and painted them to match the bedding I picked out and that was it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• eh, we went with camo and deers. It was easy.,
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No we went neutral because we didn't feel like having to redecorate in another year or so. Their rooms will grow with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No - my dh considers the house my "domain," so he may voice his opinion, but what I say goes. However, we picked something where we wouldn't have to change everything in a couple years, that would be easy to mix n match with some more "big kid" bedding when he switches to a twin bed.

Answer by missanc at 7:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My husband fell in love with this froggy bedding. It is very cute, but not really what I would have picked. So, since he gave input I caved and did the froggy bedding for our little girl. The room turned out really cute. I girlied it up big time since it was greens and yellows. I made custom letters for her name (white letters spelling Lydia with dragonflies on them). I made a big dragonfly cut out and painted it. We have some shelves with girly things on them. The crib, dresser, and toychest match. I didnt buy the decorations that came with the bedding, I did my own. I think nursery turned our super cute and we love it!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No. What a waste of time and energy. Why fight over something like this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Nope, frankly, my husband couldn't have cared less about the look of the room. His concerns were did we have a crib and a carseat, diapers and clothes. Itisn't that he wasn't excited for the baby...interior design is not something he cares about.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No- my dh really couldn't have cared less. The only fight we had about it was when I was ready to pop and he still hadn't gotten around to painting it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My hubs and I agreed on what the 'theme' would be, and agreed on what theme decorations to buy/put up, as for the furniture I wanted a certain crib, and it had a matching changing table. My hubs saw it and liked it. I also bought a glider rocker and a stool from a furniture store- they did not match the crib, but the room looked nice when it was all done.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Surprisingly no, espiecaly since we bicker about everything else. lol. One day he was like, "I know you are probably going to fight me on this, but I want to do the nursery theme, Winnie the Pooh." and I was like, "Ok, I love Pooh!"
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2009