Am i a horrible mom for doing this??Please no Bashing!

Ok..please no bashing...ok so i feel like i am a horrible mom cause the other day and today in the morning when my son woke up i fed him and then i put him in his bouncer to watch baby einstein and i layed in the bed next to him cause i was so tired..so i layed next to him and watched with..also last night at around 3 in the morning he woke up and i fed him and he feel back to sleep then i noticed he had went to the bathroom in his diaper so i went to change him..then he woke up..so i gave him some more bottle but he wasnt going back to sleep..he was fighting it..but he kept opening and closing his eyes like he was gonna dose off..i was so tired and felt like i was gonna fall asleep..so i laid him back in his crib to fall asleep..and i laid back down...am i a bad mom for making my son put himself to sleep and putting him in his bouncer in the morning???Instead of holding him all the time

JoshysMomma19

Asked by JoshysMomma19 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No! Sometimes you have to do what's best for you and he is ok! You can't be supermom. Just do what you can!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Nope, you're a good Momma!
    Good mommas feed the baby. Good mommas check & change diapers. Good mommas teach their children to be self sufficient. And good mommas always wonder if they are doing enough for their babies.
    Give yourself a break! You are fine, and your little one is as lucky to have you as you are to have him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No! you're great..that is why SBS happens..bc parents can't get a break!! you are doing exactly what they say to do!! (= keep up the good work
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 2:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Not at all hun. I think we all worry about this at some time or other. Remember that if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of your baby! You did what your baby needed and that was good. It's not a crime to make sure your baby has his needs met and then take care of your own! Cuddling and holding your baby is good, but you need things, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Let's see...you don't write that you beat the baby anywhere, right? Reading again....

Nope, no beating the baby.

NOT a bad mom. Just a tired one.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No! Of course your not a bad mother, you have to do what you need to. I have a 8 week yr old baby girl, and there are days she just wants to be hold every min and nurse at all hours of the day, and realistically I can't just do that 24/7 so I feed her, change her, cuddle with her, play, and talk, then I put her in her bouncer, she also watches baby Enstien in her bouncer when I'm in the shower or preparing a meal. You sound like a wonderful Mommy! Why do you think u did something wrong though? Did someone say that you were a bad Mom? Maybe you just feel bad. I feel bad the most when We are on the HWY/ Free way and My baby is screaming her head off and I don't know why, I fed her for 45 mins at a rest stop, changed her, soothed her the whole time, talked to her, I even tried calming her down. But she only slept 20 mins the whole day, for a 8 week old, that's not much at all. But your a Good Momma!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 4:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• NO YOUR NOT A BAD MOM ! I DID THE SAME THANG WHEN MY KIDS WAS BABBYS ! YOUR A GOOD MOM AND A PRITTY ONE AT THAT ! LOVE YEA ! GET SOME SLEEP SOME HOW !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 5:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Get a sling or other carrier and wear your baby. You will both benefit from the physical closeness.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2009