I want to go to the hospital

and I WANT them to tell me it's time to have this baby! I've been having contractions since Sat. morning. I've lost my mucus plug. I went to the hospital Sat. and I was having consistent contractions that were 3 min apart but they sent me home because they didn't hurt. I was 1.5cm dilated and only 1cm on Friday. Everytime I call my dr. they tell me don;t go to the hospital until my contractions hurt. Well what if they never do!? I have a lot of pressure 'down there.' I just want things to get moving! I feel like I've tried every natural labor inducer. I don't want to try castor oil. How many cm do I have to be dilated before the hospital will keep me? I'm 3 days away from my due date, but I can't wait that long. I'm pulling my hair out! HELP!

I feel like I am very close to having this baby. Should I bother going to hospital?

Please no responses saying that the baby will come when he is ready.. I already know. lol

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 1:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My contractions never really hurt but I went anyway & was glad I did because I nearly had the baby in the car! I went in & they said "No. go home" so I did. I stayed home for a few hrs then really felt I should go back even though things werent hurting really & I go in & they act kind of exasperated to see me..well...the nurse tries to check me and actually hit the baby in the top of the head with her fingers! She was THAT close to coming out & I didnt know! They were like "couldn't you tell?" They acted amazed that I couldnt. I said, Well, it didn't hurt so how was I suppose to know?"! lol If I had listened & waited til the contractions were close together (never got more then 10 min apart) then I would have had her at home or in the car! I say, if you feel something is going on to go back again. All they can do is send you home but I bet they keep you this time. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I would definately go because I never felt my contractions with my first baby and I would have had her at home if I didn't have a dr. appt. that day. The only thing that made me feel like it was time is I felt 100% better like I wasn't pregnant anymore when I got up that morning and I also felt something stretching in my vag when I went to the BR that morning but it didn't hurt and it went away!
    DeShaysMommy

Answer by DeShaysMommy at 1:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• True, that they may never hurt. But that is not an indicator I have ever heard a medical professional use. Strange.
    Usually, it's when your contractions are X minutes apart for X hours...
    I use the 4-1-1 rule when offering advice to cafemamas, but in-person I wait until the mom is farther along.
    What are your contractions like (other than painless)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Well they have been lasting for about a 50 sec - 1 min and it's really hard to tell how often because I only notice them if I feel my tummy and sometimes I feel it in my back or pelvis. When I start keeping track of them they are every 3-6 min
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• sometimes the pressure is the contraction hurting..lie and tell them it hurts lol!! usually they want you to be about 3-4 before they keep you though )= and DON'T try castor oil..with my second i did that and walked all day shopping and i just got really really sick..i wanted to DIE!! seriousely!! and i got induced 2 wks later..so ya..it didn't work
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 2:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• thats still fairly eratic
    3-6 minutes is a large range

if its every 3 minutes for an hour go along to the hospital
    but every 6 would get you sent back home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It sounds like your body is trying to work itself into labor, but is still kind of "wobbley" yet. It might be another day or two like this. Or maybe it will stop altogether and pick up in 2 weeks or so for active labor. Or maybe you'll have the baby tomorrow. It seems like your body is working on it, though.
    Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Keep track of them however you need to. Don't go til they are 4 min. Apart for an hour. Theres no point of going any sooner than that unless you like spending hours at the hospital.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• some women have painful ctx for days or weeks, and it's just helping their body get ready for labor. i would say try to relax as much as you can. let the ctx do what they need to do. take a bath, drink a glass of wine, get dh to give you a massage, anything that will relax you and that will either help the ctx come on or they'll go away and give you the rest you need.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009