I have to do SOMETHING!!

Okay, I like this stay-at-home mother thing....But I don't feel productive!!...I want to help out with the bills,or just have money in my pocket to spend.Dont wanna live off of one salary.I dnt think his salary will NOT be enough to go out with friends, no more then pay bills.And make sure that we dnt get kicked out! I want to finish school, but seems like that online classes may be my only option...I think I wanna work...But I have a 7 month old DD, that am breastfeeding...lol.that WON"T drink juice, that doesn't like gerber food. Only wants breastmilk.Getting frustrated but I knw I cant be frustrated at her....cause gerber food is ewww..What to do???..what to do??...Seems like I may have to collect cans....I wish she would just drink some formula, so I could put her daycare while I work or go to school....something about that breastmilk..lol...Seems like the online jobs are SCAMS!!!!...

ChloesMom030509

Asked by ChloesMom030509 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• you can pump!! with my first daughter i got a job when she was 3 months and i pumped at work and at home..all the time so that she would have enough food..i had a full time job but she still bfed for 10 mos (well during the day it was bmilk in a bottle)!! also i'm a sahm as well and to me that's enough of a contribution!! the only money i bring in is the online survey sights i'm a part of..it's not much but it's easy money!! if ur interest msg me and i'll give you some good sites to join..or give me ur email and i'll "refer a friend"!! i've been doing online surveys for years so i know the good ones
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 1:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Stay home and feed that baby! You're doing a great job as a mom by being there for her. You can do things to make money on the side, like babysitting another child in your home. I've researched plenty of SAHM jobs and most of them are scams...avoid them. What are you good at? Try to maximize your skills. Or, pump during the day and take a part time job in the evening after your SO gets home.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Thanks for giving me pointers!!!!..but pumping has been a problem for me.I know I have a supply.But when I pump, not geting enough. And I dnt have any saved, when I pump in a bottle..she drinks it up..lol.
    ChloesMom030509

Answer by ChloesMom030509 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You can pump and freeze breastmilk; I worked full-time outside of my home and breastfed until my daughter self-weaned at 23 months. Juice is unnecessary, and should not be introduced until 2 or 3. At around 9 months you can introduce a sippy cup with water. Keep in mind that solids fed to babies before they turn 1 are for the experience of eating them, not for nutrition (a subject most doctors know nothing about). Nutritionists recommend starting solids at 6 months; many are now recommending skipping cereal and starting with a bit of avocado mashed with breastmilk (or formula). Then baked sweet potato, oatmeal, pumpkin, pureed peas, etc. Jarred baby food tastes awful, is expensive, and you never really know what is in it. Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, egg white, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You are a lucky one to be able to stay home and feed your daughter. Your doing alot and if you do decide to work or go to school do your research. Being able to go to places out, you would have to pay a sitter. Online classes will not count unless you finish. You can't carry over your credits that you earn on a online class to a local college. Try and babysit other kids for extra money. I'm a stay at home mom and it's the hardest job ever and it's the most rewarding job.Just think about your options before you jump. You can rent movies and have family time now. I have been home for along time and I did work one yr. and had to resign from my job due to my husband high demanding job. Just sit back and enjoy your baby....Time flies.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Are you able to get out one or two nights a week for a couple of hours? That would be good for you as well as for her. You don't have to get a sitter if DH is home in the evening. I have a business with Arbonne and get out and share the products and business one to two nights a week and I do very well. PM me and we can talk further. Check out www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com or the corporate site www.arbonne.com.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• actually just signed on to Avon because I needed to be home for my boys. It cost me $20 to get me my starter kit. So far its a lot of fun and not too stressful. Like I said, I just joined so I dont make a lot of money right now. You get up to 40% commision though!!! Perfect for around the holidays! They always have a bunch of cute stuff in there catalogs. Anyway, hope I helped! If you want any more info or have questions just PM me. Or you can go to www.youravon.com/rebekahmiller
    GL on whatever you decide! I was in your shoes just about a month ago :) you'll figure something out.
    beka03

Answer by beka03 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2009