Planning to go Natural !! What hurt's More???

Which hurts more?
The labor part with all the contraction?
Or the actual delivery? Pushing the baby out.
I saw some video's and i think im changing my mind.

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 2:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't change your mind. Childbirth is amazing. For me the pushing was actually the most painful, but probably because I was tired from over 48 hours of labor. Pushing was frustrating too because I had just spent the past two days breathing throught the contractions and they were all of a sudden telling me not to breathe. When the nurse said "this is it, the ring of fire" I knew I was there though and it was all worth ir. Reaching down anhd feeling her head helped too. I know it sounds gross now, but whn the time comes there won't be room for modesty. Good luck it really is one of the greatest things you'll experience.
    Jennibug

Answer by Jennibug at 2:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Im planning on it too
    my mom said the contractions were the worse because when you push I guess the adrenaline kicks in and you dont pay attention to pain.
    My mom said the whole time she was pushing she was laughing because she thought it was so funny that her mom and her sister we holding her legss and looking at her crotch...LOL she went natural
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My answer is the contractions hurt worse. Once the baby is about to come out you can ease the pain by pushing. I know that sounds funny, but it's true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Im hoping cause looking at the video's are freaking me out!!! The snipped this poor women like it was nothing!!!!! I don't want to get snipped :(
    Im freaking out.. Im almost 39 weeks so i know D day is coming soon...uhhhhh
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 2:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Um, every ones different! I was in pain cause no one scraped me but I had a lil cramp and he came out. My friend had all 3 natural and she said it was painful but it was only the contraction and you feel pressure. I just know when I went natural it wast painful my va J J was a lil sore! Haha they said I was lucky. I did have issues pushing he almost got vacuumed!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 2:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Labor pain is Mind-Over-Matter. You can have a great birth, but you're going to need to truly want to enjoy it. I think you should watch normal, natural birth. That will help you to see what it looks like and sounds like.
    Birth is a calm and gentle, peaceful experience. You only get to do this once, don't waste it on fear (which crates pain). Have fun! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• For me the contractions were worse....that's how you get tricked into getting the epidural. Have you looked into hypnobirthing? I loved it! It really helped mellow me out and work with my body. The pp was right...try to get the mirror so you can see the head start to come down...it's SO motivating!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• sniff sniff.... do yall smell drama too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Drama? What's dramatic in this post??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The last hour or so of contractions was pretty intense with my two natural births. But pushing was such a release, I wouldn't say it hurt at all!
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 2:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2009