A place for my cat

I need to get rid of my cat, the apartment complex in which we live in does not allow cats and I already got caught with her here. It doesn't help that she likes to go outside. The landlord already told us to get rid of her or risk losing our apartment. I cannot risk my housing for my cat. We've had her for 3 years and recently moved here. We were in such desperate need we didn't even ask about pets until the move in day as we signed the lease. I feel irresponsible but I don't want to take her to a shelter were they could kill her do any of you know of a place I can take her with out fearing shed be killed. Shes such a good cat and its breaking my heart but it needs to be done. Please help!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pets

• call around to shelters around you and ask if they dont euthanize if they do just cross it out and call the next one. You will find one that doesnt if you put ur mind to it! goodluck!
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Um find another spoT! Sometimes if you are close to a cat like that you need to find a place that will accept animals.... Unless you live in a small town with not very many options! Put an add in the thrifty nickle... Every body has thrifty nickel. Or put a add in the news paper!" A well behaved feline needs a new home" put a contact number at meet them and see if the would take care of your lil one (feline)
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 2:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Don't do shelters they will excute because they don't have enough food and shelter to go around and aint gonna find time to walk them take them outside or play with them. Unless every state have their own laws
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 2:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• you should do anything to be able to keep it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I'd move! Yes, it will cost you money to break the lease but you took on the responsibility of this cat long before you signed that lease. I can't tell you how many animals are turned into a shelter everyday with the same reason. Non euthanizing shelters are not always better. I used to volunteer at one and yes they were fed and taken care of even loved but so many of them sat in cages for months sometimes years and went insane because of it. They did not spend all day in cages but it is not the same as being in a real home.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Do you have any friends/family or co-workers that could take her? I would ask people you know, and if they can't take her ask them if they know of anyone who would like a cat.
    Can you look for a new place to live that allows cats? Maybe have a friend keep her until you can find a new place?
    I have cats and would move before I would give them away.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If you can't find a way to keep her you can try putting and add on craigslist.org or petfinder.com or kijiji.com, but please go to the people's house to see where she would be living and get vet references from a vet for the people before letting her go to a new home. There are a lot of sick people out there and believe it or not there are people who get pets off of adds online or a paper and sell the animal to research labs to do testing on or to fight or use as bait in fighting. You can also look on petfinder.com for a rescue near you to see if they have a spot for her.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Some shelters have a no-kill policy except for very sick animals. Just get on the phone . Some vets will also endeavour to find homes for animals that people are unable to care for any longer.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009