my mother scares me

ok my mom has got me scared she told me that if i do to much of the house work and vacumeing witch i love to clean that the cord will wrape around the babys neck shes never had a baby she adopted me but she heard this threw a few others but i was wondering is this true.

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 2:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I so want to use this as my excuse to not clean.....to bad I'm not pregnant right now! This extremely false. The cord can and does wrap around some fetus's necks. But it is not due to vacuuming. The reason is not always known. If you are really concerned talk with your OB.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 2:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• lol....no this couldnt be further from the truth
    maybe its happened I personally havent heard of anything like that

But IMO completly false...clean and do whatever housework is needed as long as your up to it Im sure its okay :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The baby's cord often wraps around it's neck in the womb, but because it's getting it's oxygen from your blood through the placenta it doesn't matter. There is no way to cause this and it will not hurt your baby if it happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Lol nobody the same. your parenting! Good parenting skills are starting to some in lol! Its a good thing! Good luck!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 3:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The put the baby in a swing playpen walker high or low chair while vacuuming then put the vacuum in a separate room or closet
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 3:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• ok im not understanding your answer sweetie im still pregnant i havent had him yet
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 3:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• it's an old wives tale. it also goes along if you put your arms over your head that the cord will wrap around
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009