Online Schooling???

What do yo cafemom(s) think about online schools??..Have you graduated from one?..Did you get a job right after? Did you look around before you made a choice one?..Was it worth it?..Was it costly? Which one did you go to? Which degree did u choose? Which school?
University of Phoenix
Capella University
Saint Leo University
Ashford University
Westwood College
Ashworth College

ChloesMom030509

Asked by ChloesMom030509 at 5:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in

• University of phoenix is a regional school which is good check online for regional schools in your area because they can transfer credits... Not saying the other ones do but if you were to transfer to a different online class, they might tell you youneed to take the class over because you don't have enough hours or the might tell you that credit can't transfer because its not needed. You don't want to pay for a clas. That not needed cause it wastes your time and money. Online is not a bad choice but be picky and careful! Good luck
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 5:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Be careful about where you choose to go to school. Most of the online schools can't be transferred into "Real" Universities. I would choose a reputable university or community college and go that route. I am attending a Community college and I have done 80% of my classes online. I have gone to campus for my preparatory classes (which I needed) and for my science classes but everything else is done online. I am currently taking 2 classes online and I will finish in Dec.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I would go to a college/university in your area and take online classes through them, most of them have a lot of at least their basic classes online.

Answer by missanc at 8:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I started at University of Phoenix until someone on CM told me that I couldn't transfer my credits from them. So I called several universities in my state (Utah) and a couple in other states. All of the ones in Utah said they absolutely wouldn't take a single credit transfer from University of Phoenix.

The ones out of state said if I graduated they might be able to transfer a class or two over. But other than that no.

I also called a few businesses in Utah and asked them if they'd accept a degree from University of Phoenix. They said no.

Sooooooooooo I found a local college for 1/4 the price with 90% of the classes online.
    It's worked well for me so far.

GOOD LUCK :)
    Anonymous

• I went to Walden University online for my MS. I was already working so I can't answer the part about that. As far as I know, they're a real school with an online option.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009