So i had my baby 3wks ago an i stoped bleeding 2 days ago well i woke up this morning an im bleeding again! But its like fresh bright red blood! Could this be my period or still bleeding from having my baby! Sorry i know tmi

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Health

• It could possible be your period, but more likely is still from the birth. I would think I was finally done, and then it would start up again!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I bled for 6 weeks after my c-section with my 2nd daughter, so I never knew for sure when my period came because I bled on and off and if I walked too much or lifted too heavy I'd get some brighter red blood that would kind of gush out. I thought it would be over shortly after because the blood would turn black.. then sure enough more bright red blood came out. It's normal to bleed for up to 6 weeks or even longer I'm sure, but it's hard to tell if it's afterbirth or period!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It's from your birth.That happened to me also.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i had a c section and that happened to me, i still dont know if it was from the birth but scared me bcuz it stopped and then came back red and heavy and i really dont bleed heavy. i was scared i had reopened something but it stopped quickly... good luck hope you are fine.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2009