What's is causing moms to be incapable of controlling their children?

These days we have tons of books regarding parenting. Also the media has created a "school for parents"....e.g. The show "Supernanny".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well of course it is a combo of LAZY PARENTS, that do not know how to parent or want to be the childs friend instead of the childs parent!!! And of course the fear of CPS, as well as what other people say in the community---I force my kids to get out of the house and do something--like summer rec, church stuff, 4H, everything and anything and the whole town thinks I am bitch, this one lady I worked with said OMG I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT YOUR KID, that I put too much strees on them and crap?? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF YOU ARE A LAZY PARENT YOU ARE A BAD PARENT, IF YOU PUSH YOU CHILD INTO THINGS THAT TEACH THEM RESPONSABLITIY, YOU ARE CLASSIFIED AS A BAD, STRICT, MEAN PARENT--no wonder parents can not control there kids!!! Everyone is confused!!! I know I am!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• They don't want to hurt the childs' feelings (aka. giving all kids a trophy in sports even if they don't win), the feeling that kids deserve whatever they want whether or not they need it, the fear that CPS will be called if you correctly discipline their child.

While it does take a village to raise a child, the authority should be the parent not the government or neighbors.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If a parent follows through on what they say then that helps alot. I have 5 children and they are NOT out of control.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• While it does take a village to raise a child, the authority should be the parent not the government or neighbors.

When did Schools get "separated" from the homes. We were supposed to work together on this.

The teachers use a different approach disciplining the children while at home with a child already confuse moms are in a predicament of following the skills learn at school.

Teachers are busy, parents are busy. There is no time for having parent and teacher together to discuss behaviors.

For me the cause is Schools and Homes not communicating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• For me the cause is Schools and Homes not communicating.

Well! the school doesn't start up to the third year of life before that discipline is the job of the parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Lazy parents who don't believe in discipline and spanking. People who prefer to "count" and use "time-outs" as punishment. This is lazy parenting. Real parents know how to get tough and control their children. When I see a mom spanking in public, Man I go outta my way to congratulate and thank her for respecting others enough to control her child. Nothing worse than a wild outta control brat... I call them animals... that is what they are. Never been taught any different. LAZY>>>>>>>>> PARENTS>>>>>>>>>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agree with the Jademom07. I think that is a factor and a good point. I also think that alot of parents these days take the path of least resistance with their children. Being a parent is hard work and isn't always fun. I think some moms just give in to side step a tantrum and it is't what is best for the child. It would be easy to give your screaming 3 year old the candy they want in the check-out line so she'll stop screaming but it isn't what is best for her...Just my opinion. :)
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Lazy parenting, no discipline at school
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Don't you think that it is odd that you have to belicensed to drive a car, have a dog, and not raise a child?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Reports of abuse, lazy parents
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2009