Is it rude?

My daughter passed out her bday party invitations on Monday (the 19th) and I have only heard from 2 parents which is a little upsettting bc my daugther went 2 some of those children's bday parties. So, my question is, would it be rude, pushy or tacky to send a reminder note to the kids she gave invitations to. And please NO BASHING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, It would be. Simply because they will reply or not reply. But i always plan on a few extras because sometimes parents are wrapped up and dont always make the rsvp.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• maybe a reminder is ok.. mainly cause my household is always crazy and busy and i miss place things and end up forgetting till tha fri before the b day party when my dd says mom so and so b day is tomorrow....aggghhh. and i feel like a jerk rsvp last min... i would alsways love a reminder..lol..and i myself would be thankful. maybe your dd can call the invites and just say did u talk to your mom about my b day invatation?? good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't send out reminders. For my son's birthday in March he gave invitations to all 20 kids in his class, I got 4 people to RSVP....2 of which didn't show even though said they would. People (in general) just don't think it's necessary to RSVP anymore. I have RSVP'd to every invitation my son has received so far---even if we aren't going. Just plan on a few extra to attend, if they don't oh well...
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I would not appreciate it. In this present economy, parent's simply cannot afford birthday parties and buying gifts. I would say, it's more just bad timing than anything. People are pretty worried and scared about how they are going to survive the winter, they don't have time for things like parties. Sorry....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Being honest, right now, my kids don't go to birthday parts b/c I just don't have the extra money to buy a birthday gift. If I got a reminder, I would find it very pushy, and be even less likely to let my kid go. Especially if I already went thru the whole deal of explaining to my son why he couldn't go and he was ok with it, and now you send this reminder that gets him going again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I'm right there with anon:05 unless it's family or really close friends my son doesn't go, not because I don't want him to but to be honest I just can't afford to get 18 different kids a birthday present throughout the year.
    As for sending a reminder, I wouldn't do it seems kinda "desperate" to me like another mom said if a person is going to attend, they're going to attend if not then there is no reason to guilt them into do so by sending invite then reminder after reminder of the party.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I honestly never RSVP for bday parties. Around here parties are at skating rink and other stuff that they just pay for the # that come so myabe more will show up but I wouldnt send a reminder. I have never gotten a reminder from anyone.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You'll get rsvp's at the last minute. Is the party this weekend? If so, you can send a reminder. If it's next weekend just wait. This time next week you'll get responses. I always respond, but I tend to wait until the last minute. That's what happens for my kid's parties.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yes, it would be tacky. Plan for more people than you think will come and leave it at that. Some people are so rude no a days and I hate when people don't RSVP. It only takes a few minutes to call someone and let them know if you or your child will be attending a party. It is so rude not too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agree that a reminder isn't appropriate, but I also think it's very rude that people don't RSVP. As tyfry7496 said, it takes just a few minutes to pick up a phone, or drop an e-mail and rsvp. I had one party that 6 people RSVP'd for, and 18 showed up!! I had extra goody bags, but not that many. I had also customized the goody bags, so even though my husband went out and bought extra goody bag treats, the kids whose parents rsvp'd got really nice bags, and the other kids didn't. I felt so bad. There was plenty of food luckily, but you never know!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009