Should we bring back the draft? Please explain your thoughts behind your response.

Phase3

Asked by Phase3 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. Why should you?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Kaleb: You didn't explain your thoughts on why you think we should not have a draft.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No. We don't need one.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• NO....I don't think we should FORCE people to fight if they don't want to! Plus, more people each year sign up. The draft was such a disaster last time that we should learn from our mistakes!

jlstewart922

Answer by jlstewart922 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• il: I'm not sure why you think the draft was a disaster the last time it was implemented. Are you referring to the fact that many parents did not want their kids to go to war?
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No. I don't want someone who doesn't want to be there and didn't volunteer on their own standing next to soldiers who have made the conscious decision to commit time and service to the US military. Our military deserves the best. Mandating service does not bring the best. jmo.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• NO, simply because we don't need to.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Absolutely Not. I agree with what grlygrlz2 said. As long as this is a free country, people should have the CHOICE of whether or not they want to serve this country. I would like all 3 of my sons to join the Marines, but ultimately it has to be their choice.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 10:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No, I do not agree with the draft at all. Why have people there that do not want to be there? Not everyone is called to be a solider, I think it takes a special kind of person to do this job. Is everyone called to be a Doctor, lawyer or daycare provider? No, not every job is for everyone.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• N0-
    This is a country that prides itself on freedom of choice.
    Let those who want to work in a military capacity serve.
    We are facing a nursing shortage in this country. Should we force X% of ppl entering college today into nursing programs?
    Some individuals are opposed to war and killing (right or wrong). Why should they be forced to serve?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2009