Whats the earliest you started potty training you child?

Just wondering 'cause my in-laws and my mom all want me to start soon, but I think my DD is to young, she'll be 15 months next week. The reason they want me to start young is 'cause my DD will never pee if she has her diaper off and when she has to poop, she will go hide behind the recliner and poop in her diaper, so she must know when she has to poop to go back there to do it. But, like I said, I think she's too young to start. What do you think? Any one else potty train their child real early?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I potty trained my daughter at 15 months. She showed signs of being ready. What I did was put her potty in the area we hung out the most i let her go naked for 2 days. So when she peed she would know and see what was happening. I then would put her on her potty. When she peed on the potty i let her pull down my little M&M man and get some little candies. She loved it and was potty trained. She was a little thing sittiing on the big toilet.Try it out and if she is not ready then dont force her. My other 3 kids didnt get potty trained till well after 2. good luck.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• my dd showed signs at 18mts. my dd is now 31 mts and fully potty train undewear 24/7 . she love sit. actualy she love sit sooooooooo m,cuh that she uses as an excused not to go to bed. she ill be like mom i have to go potty. so now i keep the potty in her room, that way is she wants to sit opn the potty all night she can lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I started sitting my daughter on the toilet around 9 months and she would go poop or at least try. The reason I was doing it so young was because she had a terrible rash and diarrhea so when I noticed she was about to go, I'd run her to the potty and rinse her off with water instead of wipes. She understands whats going on, but I wont be putting her in underwear for quite some time, lol. I have no intention of potty training her until she is ready but I just wanted to share my story about her being able to understand what the pottty was for so young. I dont think any age is too young, its when they are ready to.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009