What are some legitimate work from home jobs and online jobs you have had success with?

Do you have any other money making and saving tips for unemployed moms?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org  www.iavoa.com , www.vanetworking.com  Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom to my now 2 year old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I own my own website, Sabrina's Closet (www.SabrinasCloset.info) I created this site because I had been scammed or had simply failed while looking for work from home. I wanted a place where women could find real legit options and not have to feel like they were being pressured in to trying one or another. You can even explore the different pros and cons about home businesses vs. home Jobs. The site has grown in to a great site for earning opportunities but also for saving, shopping and even charities. I have tried to build it up around the idea that moms don't have time to go spend the day at the mall but they want the best deals. So, while I'm still working out the bugs, it's kinda taken on a life of it's own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• In addition to Sabrina's Closet I am currently with Ameriplan full time and TeaPoria & GreenSmoke very very part time. AND (as if that weren't enough) I actually just started with a great new program called The POWERBAR...

TeaPoria ~ www.BriesTeas.info
    TeaPoria is a great business if you like doing parties. It's something that's easy to sell, too - FOOD! There is no cost to join or keep your TeaPoria business and there is a very minimal quota. You will however need to invest for products to do parties or shows with!

The PowerBar ~ http://18232.powerbarclub.com/
    The idea here is very simple. We all do things online every day that expose us to ads and advertising. But we aren't getting paid. With The PowerBar the ad companies will pay us whenever we or anyone we refer views an ad. It takes just a few minutes a day and you can earn a great full time income with in just a few months! It's 100% free and there is NO risk!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Ameriplan ~ www.DailyPayFromHome.com
    Get all the details ~ 616-712-1450
    With Ameriplan there are really 2 sides to the business. The first is promoting our dental and medical benefits plans. Our plans are the leading discount plans in the nation and also the least expensive while offering the highest discount rate and providing the most providers. And we now offer programs to help people save money on non-healthcare needs as well including Legal Assistance, Roadside Assistance, Child ID, daily shopping and more. The second half of the business is helping others that want to earn a full time income from home. We simply educate them on our company and find out if it's a good fit for them. We offer daily & monthly pay, benefits for our business owners, 401K and more!

• GreenSmoke ~ www.GreenSmoke.com/SMBowen
    GreenSmoke is the Leading Smokeless Cigarette company! We offer a number of different flavors and strengths. This business is free to join and keep, they will even give you a $25 bonus just for joining! But this one is something that has a more specialized customer and while parties are possible they are going to be further between. Vendor shows would be best for something like this! Smokeless cigarettes are a healthy alternative to regular tobacco products because while providing the nicotine there is no filler chemicals and no second hand smoke! So it's perfect for those with kids that don't want to kick the habit. They are also up to 75% cheaper than regular cigarettes!

I know it's alot to read - you should try working it all! lol! But at the moment I really have to get back to work! I'll talk to you soon!

I'll talk to you soon!
    Sabrina M Bowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• actually just signed on to Avon because I needed to be home for my boys. It cost me $20 to get me my starter kit. So far its a lot of fun and not too stressful. Like I said, I just joined so I dont make a lot of money right now. You get up to 40% commision though!!! Perfect for around the holidays! They always have a bunch of cute stuff in there catalogs. Anyway, hope I helped! If you want any more info or have questions just PM me. Or you can go to www.youravon.com/rebekahmiller
    GL on whatever you decide! I was in your shoes just about a month ago :) you'll figure something out.
    beka03

Answer by beka03 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009