Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is it when the army moves you to another state

Answer Question

Asked by Ms.Snap at 9:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Travel

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You move.. lol. it's alot what questions do you have? send me a message directly and i can help.

    Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

  • Well, I know when the Air Force moves us, they have a moving company come in and pack all your household items. They transfer the items to your new base, and they pay for you to drive or fly to your new base too. When you get there, they will store all your stuff until you get a house, adn then they will move everything back in. Most of the movers put together the larger furniture that had to be disassembled to pack. They will normally put together the larger items and move them where you want them for you. As far as what happens other than the actual move of your household items, when you get to the new base you will be able to check into temporary lodging or a hotel which they pay for for 10 days. During that time you are suppose to be looking for on post housing or a place to rent/buy off post. Sorry I kept saying base earlier lol I'm used to Air Force. Your hubby will do inprocessing, and that's the important stuff.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 12:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • How is it?



    Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.