Are we over reacting to swine flu?

I am in school and I worry that I will bring germs home to my daughter. I got a regular flu vaccine but not swine flu (none available here!) what can I do to keep her room, our house, and me sanitized properly after and during school? Am I overreacting?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Health

• Yes, Just keep doing what you do normally. If you over clean, your immune system won't be able to fight off disease because you took away the good bacteria too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yes. My daughter had it in May. It was the frickin' flu. 3.5 days of fever (highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross boody nose.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i'm not so much, but i think the media has led ppl to overreact so they'll run to get that vaccine. its no worse than the "regular flu" (pretty sure they're almost the same bug). in fact my friends DH had it and she and her DD never got it. The baby was just a year old. I've known a few ppl who've had the H1N1 and are just fine, they said its just like having the regular flu. so just practice normal hygiene and you'll be fine.

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I know so many people that had it already. it is a type of flu. But you have to take care ot it.Definitely too much media hype!
    Anonymous

• My mom works in the medical field and says that the swine flu is worse than the regular flu. It CAN be very dangerous if not taken care of.. which I guess is like most illnesses. The best thing you can do to keep her healthy is make sure her diet is healthy, that she's taking a vitamin daily, that she's practicing good sanitation (washing hands etc), and that she stays clear of people with flu-like symptoms. If she gets flu-like symptoms, bring her to a doctor.. especially if it goes into her lungs.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx

Wash your hands :)

www.mercola.com
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2009