What is your favorite household cleaning tip?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Save yourself some money by not buying expensive cleaners and just use a 50/50 mix of white vinegar & water. It cuts grease, disinfects, makes your glass & mirrors sparkle and is perfectly safe to use around pets & children. You can also use it to replace those expensive fabric softeners in your wash, plus it will deodorize your washing machine & DH's stinky socks.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Pester the DH until he does it :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I clean alot of things with a solution of rubbing alochol and water. You can clean coutner tops and mirrors without streaking...cleans and disinfects. I just mix up a bottle and clean away. Cheap and easy!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I take Lysol wipes and wipe off door handles around my house but I like bumblebees tip better
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Get someone else to do it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i love mr. clean w/febreeze, but if i run out of cleaning stuff and its late out, i use baby wipes to wipe down counter tops and sinks, i even use it to clean the bathroom tiles surrounding the tub. they're great in case of a cleaning emergency, at least until i can go out the next day, lol.
    Anonymous

• I do the same as CaseyErin but I use White Vinegar and Water, equal parts. Vinegar is naturaly anti-bacterial! One 79 cent bottle from Aldi mixed with water makes me about 3 months worth of all purpose cleaner!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Rubbing alcohol? That's worse than inhaling pure bleach. Gross.
    Anonymous

• Anon 4:14....I dilute it with water. But before I do that I make sure I huff it real good. Weirdo.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 4:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• cleaning microwaves use to be the one thing i hated..but fill a tupperwear with water and add some cinnamon spice throw it in microwave for 5 mins then just wipe clean and smells nice. also use...used dryer sheets to dust with and i make my own carpet freshner just buy some baken powder and throw it in tupperwear and add a few drops of fragrent oil ( i use cherry oil ) shake it to mix it up sprinkle on carpets and vacuum up..smells nice. also baken powder in with the cat litter but dont add oil to that one lol..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009